Since i am getting into the valentine's day mood i have decided to break up with somebody and here is my letter. Suggestions for improvements are welcome.
Dear darling,
I was all of 16 when i was introduced to you by arvind (bless his soul). I still remember the day. I wanted to go home and sleep but he insisted until i gave in to his persistence. He claimed he knew that we both would "get along like fire and petrol". Not exactly the best choice of words but he did put his point across aptly.
And what a day it was. A rainy overcast day fit for the setting of a romantic chick flick. And the place was the most unlikeliest of places to meet for what would be a unusual relationship- a cyber cafe. Sure sparks never flew between us the first time (i mean that only happens in stupid novels right ?) but this was a mature relationship.
We got to know each other slowly and steadily until we knew each other thoroughly inside and out.You were flawless. I was not.Yet we lasted all these years. Through boards,entrances and 3 years of college.You always provided me with support and morale.You were always there for me.
But things haven't been right between us.Even you would have noticed that over the past few weeks.I have been avoiding you, making flimsy excuses and even when we meet i rush off soon. I know you have been suspecting i found somebody else. And sadly the answer is yes.
And no there is nothing wrong with you. It's just that i am happier with her. We have so many friends in common. Hell she even knows some of my old friends that i had lost contact with and re introduced me to them ! That apart she is such an lively and interesting person(not that you are not dear) and i never realise where time flies when i am with her.
And so i have given this matter a lot of thought and decided to do what's best for both of us- I am breaking up with you. We can still be friends and i will visit you from time to time but there can be nothing more between us.
You were and always will be an important part of my life and I will never forget you.
Your's lovingly,
weirdo guy
P.S In case you are wondering what her name is- It's facebook.
Yes my dear blog readers , I am officially into face book now. Check out my shiny new FB badge -------->
Goodbye orkut.
Will miss ya.
They are givin' some lovin'
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




21 comments:
I SO knew the end!!! :P
Welcome to the land of vellapan. :)
Love the label. :)
Cheers
this is like the most nice-est breakup letter ever!! Lot of experience in real life eh? :P
Lol,after reading the letter, i wanted to kick you but when i came to the end that it was orkut u were telling goodbye, i couldn't help laughing at my stupidity.
OH God!! all this for FB
what ever happened to I'm too cool for FB ha?
Loser :P
And you should know that orkut belongs to the dinosaur era man.
Only shady people use it now.
Welcome to the real world :P
You're going to love FB!
Lol. I secretly wished you would die as i skimmed thru this (sorry, dont ask) but i wasnt let down in the end, thank fuck. The best part about this post is the last label. Cheers.
add credits to the one who introduced you to fb, moron ;p
orkut??????wow.....
OK, sorry but i was cursing you all the way while i was reading the letter!! :)
nice ending though! did not expect that at all!!
well, hope you enjoy your 'Gosh! I'm getting addicted to facebook' phase :P
@ all the 'tards who were cursing me while reading it and then later on were all like " *smacks head" damn i misjudged him"
Shame on you expeditiously judging homo sapiens... I hope you are suitably ashamed of yourself and will send me a nice present to make up for your mistake :P :D
@bondgal
aren't you the witty one ?? :P
thanks.
and congrats btw... you saw through what half a dozen other people missed.
congrats !
*pats head*
@nicole
a 'nice breakup' letter ??? that's a oxymoron right there !!
and to answer your question : NO ! I have been broken up with and have broken up with someone through words but never through letters.
Nothing i am planning to change any time soon !!
@moi
refer first reply of mine :D
@lavender
i NEVER said i am too cool for FB. It's just that changing your preference of social networking sight is hard.
And yes FB is awesome. Guess who added me ? You twin sister karishma !
:D
@ lackisdale
i don't need to ask why. I already know the answer.
Refer first reply of mine :P
@sharanyaa
hey you didn't introduce me to FB !i had joined it like a year back it's just that i started using it now only !! But yes you were a contributing factor to that so-
Thank you sharanyaa !!!
@little on edge
why the wow at orkut ??? O_O
@goofball
Like i said before- please refer to my first reply :P
also this isn't my "gosh i am getting addicted to *enter name of social networking website*" phase.. more like "gosh i think i prefer this social networking website phase !!!! :D
hahaahaha i am soooooo lame i wasn't even following you and still expected to see your updates on my dashboard :D sooo lame! no, but wait, i WAS following you, god knows what happened to it :O
@shreya
er..i dont get you re. i mean the list of followers on my blog still shows you as one.. check it out on the right !
btw i finally understood what you meant by that "its weird that weirdoguys updates don't appear...." comment !
dat b***h ..she was double dating !! me and you at the same time ...never midn I've dumped her too :-D
ah well.... let's just say being cheated on is not something new for me *sigh*
Lolzzzzzzzzzz...thank god good sense has prevailed...hehe
Time to find u there now n complete the good job that's already been begun;-)
lol :P
btw what are you referring to by 'the good job' ???!!
Post a Comment